Monday, January 19, 2015

Hats for Brazil 2015

Hi There Friends
 
As a new Year starts I always have renewed energy and hope.
I make plans for the New Year and I always feel so happy for the new perspectives it brings to me...
It is like the sun rising in the morning, no matter how hard the previous day was seeing a new sunrise always brings me hope.
 
This year we have a lot going on and lots of planning for the new things happening.
 
My husband is turning a big 50 ... my daughter is graduating ... and after her graduation we are hoping to go to Brazil to see my family ... oh how much I miss them...  and how happy I feel just thinking about being there.
 
Every time we go to Brazil I want to bring gifts with me. We go to a village in North Recife, Brazil and we spend a few days there getting to know the families and their needs. One of their greater needs is for clothes and hats for newborn babies. My mom makes bags with complete layettes for underprivileged pregnant ladies and she includes a hat, mittens, sweaters and everything else a new baby would need as these ladies don't ever have a baby shower ... for them these simple, humble bags are their baby shower. 
 
This year my daughter and I have made a goal and we want to try to bring 200 hats ( a rough estimate of the numbers of days before we leave) with us when we go in the beginning of July.
 
I know ... I'm a bit ambitious as I work full time and my daughter is graduating ... I know I won't be able to make 200 hats by myself ... unless ... if I get your help ...
 
So, if you love to make baby hats ... and you
would like to gift a baby hat ... I can take them with me ... 
 
My daughter is going to make tags (I will be showing them here very soon)... each hat will have a tag that will say: "this hat was made especially for you ... with love by .... and we will write your name in the space.
If you would prefer you can write your name and a little message also on your hats.
 
Through out the years my friends and I have made hats and we have sent them to Africa and to Brazil.
 
This time I wish to take them with me as I'm going there and I cannot deny they are close to my heart.
 



 
This is a work in progress as I have already mentioned to some of my friends and I have sent a few to be given away this past Christmas ... but the new ones will be going with me and I will be updating you as to where to send them if you would like to be part of this effort.
 
 
 
I feel so privileged and so touched to have all of you as part of my life ...   
 
Here are some more pictures of what we have as a group made in the past ... I have so many friends to thank and have seen so many happy faces receiving these hats ... it is encouraging ...







   
 
You can Knit this basic baby hat or crochet or use any pattern you desire ... and you can make them in any size or color you wish ... Please, email me if you are interested and I will give you the address to send it to ...
 
As always, I'm so touched by the generosity and love all of you have shown me which I see every day here in blogland ... so weather you want to send a hat, well wishes or just a positive thought or prayer for one of these babies all of them will be accepted and appreciated with a smile and a humble heart ...
 
Here is a picture of my last visit there ...
 
 
Hope you are having a fabulous week and that the sun is shining for you today.
 
Thanks for your visit and for brightening my day !
 
 


28 comments:

  1. I would love to make a hat to send, will email you - what a lovely idea.

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so lovely Taci and I will try and make a hat and send to you. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  3. PS I cannot find a link to your email address Taci. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. My dear Taci. I have a couple of hats made already and as soon as I finish my last blanket for the VA Home I plan to make more. I promise. I keep forgetting to tell you that we have a little girl we support in Brazil through World Vision. I need to send you her town and see if it's anywhere close to where you're going. Wouldn't that be fun if you could meet her for me? Lots of love.
    Blessings,
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Taci.. I'm the slowest crocheter ever but I will try to at least get one done. This is very nice of you to do! ((hugs)), Teresa :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Taci, I hope I can make at least one hat to send with you. At the very least I am cheering you on to reach your goal which will be a wonderful blessing for many. Thanks for caring and sharing. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a wonderful thing to do, sending you lots of love and prayers to spread a little happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely thing to do Taci, I would make lots but the postage costs are so high but even if I send you one or two it will be better than nothing. :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's hard to believe that babies in such a warm place need a hat but they really do. My cousin used to make little hats and cradigans for babies when she lived in Malawi. I hope I can make you some hats - will be in contact when ready to send. Are you able to take anything else? Like little cardigans?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not a blogger, but I follow your beautiful blog. I would love to make some baby hats! Will any pattern do?

    ReplyDelete
  11. A wonderful project. I hope that you get lots of hats!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Taci, you are the very best. Of course I will make some hats for you, it would be an honor.
    Hugs,
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  13. Taci, I have some already made that I will send you. I do need your address though. pammysue8 (at) gmail (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Count me in to make some stuff! I can't find your email address, so you'll have to send me your mailing address. Thanks! justforthis917 [at] yahoo [dot] com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You are so kind and have such a big heart to do this! I crochet, but I have never tried to make a hat...just afghans. :) God bless you for all you do!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Este año como cada año, nuestro tren parara en alguna estación, depende de cada uno de nosotros dejar ir a la tristezas, miedos, frustraciones, malos momentos, desamor. Agradece a cada uno de ellos.. su compañía y sus enseñanzas, aunque hayan sido dolorosas, déjalos ir, déjalos bajar de este tren. Deseo que en esta parada, a tu tren suban miles de bendiciones, sueños alcanzables, amor, abundancia, fuerza y determinación para seguir tu viaje.
    Hoy en mi vagón quedaran puestos desocupados y espero te sientes a mi lado para compartir junt@s este nuevo viaje. FELIZ NUEVO COMIENZO EN ESTE AÑO 2015!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Taci, I found your blog through mereknits. I would love to send you some hats. I couldn't find a link for your email so please contact me with your address at marikay234@hotmail.com.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'll knit some for you and will send them from France. You can find me here : http://woolandcats.blogspot.fr/ for your adress. See you soon !

    ReplyDelete
  19. Taci, for some reason (probably my incompetence!) I cant find the link for your email?

    Helenxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely idea! Yes I'll certainly send some - you probably have my email but if not it's janiek.66@hotmail.co.uk. My eldest is also graduating this year - and my youngest is finishing her 'A' levels - where does the time go? Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have some hats to donate! please send me your address. My email is harpnut@gmail.com ..
    kathy b

    ReplyDelete
  22. hi taci...i would like to contribute to the hats you and your family will be taking to brazil...thank you for this opportunity to share...please contact me with your mailing address...thank you...sally

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Taci. I have just added your blog to my blog list. I feel I know you because of Gracie, Teresa, and Betsy. I don't know why it's taken me so long to get around to following you. Well, yes, I do. I am known for my procrastination. I would love to help with the hats. I'll email you.
    Hugs,
    Sharon Braxton

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmmmm, I couldn't find any contact info. Please contact me at sb34830@gmail.com. Thank you.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bless your family for having such big hearts. What a wonderful project. I wish I lived closer. To tell yo the truth, I've never even made a hat before, so I am going to check out the crochet pattern. Sending hugs and blessings, Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  26. Wonderful project!! Just look at all those sweet hats and for such a good reason!!! bravo to all of you!!!

    keep well

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Taci - I too have landed here via Mere's (and Gracie's and Teresa's) blog. I've made two little hats already and hope to make more. I'll be posting the patterns this week - one is knit and the other crochet.

    My sister would like to contribute, and wants to know if there is a preferred fiber - wool, cotton, or does it matter? And do you want just newborn size hats or toddler size too?

    Thank you for letting us join your generous project!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi Taci. I have some hats ready to send you . Can you please let me know where to post them? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear all of your comments and I feel special that you took the time to visit me here today :)